Wed, May 17 1–5 pm $150
Fibercove 1700 S. Lamar #338 Austin, 78704
How This Works
We’ll look at your site. I’ll ask you questions. You’ll ask your own questions. I’ll answer them, and make some specific suggestions and recommendations.
We’ll look at someone else’s site. I’ll question and comment.
They’ll ask questions. I’ll answer them.
You’ll listen in and learn even more.
We’ll do this a bunch of times.
You’ll learn a ton.
It’s really fun, I promise 🙂
In April 2012, I sat in one of Julie’s Rooms for Improvement. My blog was a couple weeks old and had about 3 pages on it. Impressed with the advice she gave me at RFI, I hired Julie to teach me more…
…Five years later, the blog odometer has flipped 13 million. Got a book deal in 2014, and a Hollywood agent in 2016. Julie’s “improvements” set me on that path. She took an intimidating process and made it understandable and enjoyable. She offered encouragement and a can-do attitude. Thanks Julie!
— Tracy Sutton Schorn Chump Lady
I’m not afraid to call your baby ugly. If you’re looking for someone to tell you your site is awesome, this workshop isn’t for you.
But if you want some honest feedback, great ideas, and actionable steps from a digital pro, you should come to Room for Improvement.
Ask me anything about
• Site structure
• Driving traffic
• Social media
Why should you listen to me?
- I’ve been a printer, a paste-up artist, and a typographer.
- I was the first person in Austin using a computer to produce work for print.
- My company was the first design firm in Austin to build websites. Ours was one of the first 10,000 sites online.
- I’ve designed branding packages, created marketing strategies, and built websites for tons of small companies.
- I’ve done work for big companies too — Amazon Prime, Whole Foods, Dell, The Nature Conservancy, Texas Monthly, and SXSW.
- I mentor STEM students in the Digital Media program at the LBJ Liberal Arts & Sciences Academy.
- Here’s my website.